We’ve found some noteworthy places for you to get a taste of culture and cuisine, all within walking distance of Hillsboro Main Street.
1. Decadent Creations- Satisfy your sweet tooth in this lovely retail bakery located in a historical Hillsboro house. All of their goods are made from scratch including cakes, cookies, and pastries.
Make sure to try the colorful macarons. (171 NE 3rd Avenue, Hillsboro)
Fun Fact - Did you know that Mindy of Decadent Creations won on the TV Show Chopped and has won awards at Portland Chocolatefest?
2. Pizzario- Enjoy wood-fired pizza, pasta dishes and cocktail classics in a warm, approachable atmosphere. Six days a week of live music including Sunday’s open mic nights.
(337 E. Main Street, Hillsboro)
3. Amelia’s Exquisite Mexican Dining- One of the area’s finest dining spots for traditional Mexican cuisine. Located in a colorful, well-lit building with a cozy atmosphere inside.
(105 NE 4th Avenue, Hillsboro)
4. Perks of Art- Unique community art space that provides local artists with the retail location to sell their products at affordable prices. Welcoming and diverse atmosphere to try the locally roasted coffee and wine service. (384 E. Main Street, Hillsboro)
5. Primrose & Tumbleweeds- Wine bar with selections of house-smoked BBQ, sandwiches and a weekend brunch menu. Check out their eclectic décor, secret speakeasy, and the Hungarian Mushroom Soup. (248 E. Main Street, Hillsboro)
Fun Fact - Gimre's Shoes is located between Primrose & Tumbleweeds and Clark's Bistro. Gimre's also holds their annual and locally-famous Sandals & Sangria event at Primrose & Tumbleweeds.
6. Clark’s Bistro and Pub- Behold their clever variety of sandwiches (Tequila Lime Chicken) and burgers (PB & J Bacon Cheese). This low key venue has separate bistro and pub space under one roof.
(264 E. Main Street, Hillsboro)
7. Aybla Mediterranean Grill- Mediterranean fusion cuisine in a clean dining area with ambiance and charm. Renowned citywide for their gyros. Make sure to try their Turkish coffee.
(180 E. Main Street #105, Hillsboro)
Bonus - Local Favorite! Manaia Coffee House and Island Grill
Daytime cafe with locally sourced coffee & traditional Samoan fare such as BBQ plates & rice bowls. Our favorites are the grilled breakfast burrito or the lunch plates.
(203 E Main St, Hillsboro)
Need a map of downtown Hillsboro or more ideas where you can eat, drink, shop, and have fun? Downtown Hillsboro Retail Map