For the Love of Shoes: Join Our Team! Now Hiring
Marketing Manager – Part-Time
We are looking for a creative, energetic and organized individual to help with our marketing. The position is as an independent contractor so you can generally set your own hours as long as you get the work done. Our budget would allow about 15-25 hours per week. It is possible that with time the position may increase in the number of hours per week, duration title and responsibilities. Starting pay is $15-$18 per hour, depending on experience and abilities.
Gimre’s Shoes Inc. owns and operates four shoe stores in the NW; including Gimre’s Shoes in Hillsboro, plus 3 New Balance concept stores at Bridgeport Village in Tigard and two in the Seattle area. Initial work would be with the New Balance stores.
The marketing manager should have the following skills:
- Experience in use of Photoshop to crop and enhance photos, add text and images (such as logos), and other knowledge and abilities sufficient to create print and digital ads, direct mail pieces and emails
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation
- Solid knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Independent, motivated and self-driven; deadline oriented
- Timely creation, submission and execution of the responsibilities below
- Monitor, track and document projects through to completion
- Creative, but able to work within organizational and time management constraints
- Ability to travel within the Portland area, such as from Hillsboro to Bridgeport Village
- Ability to create, organize, and take appealing photos and video, and prep for different media platforms
- Experience in email marketing is a plus, but not required.
Responsibilities would include:
- Daily and timely Facebook and Instagram posts, plus multiple monthly boosts & Instagram stories.
- Timely weekly (or occasional bi-weekly) email creation and submission
- Timely weekly Twitter posts
- Monitor the above and respond as needed, test and track results of the above and other marketing efforts, plus suggest procedures or policies based on the results.
- Google, Bing, & Yelp sites updated with photos, text & events as needed, minimum bimonthly
- Chamber(s) of Commerce communication and posting when available
- Monthly coordination & communication with Mall Marketing opportunities for our mall locations for mall website, email, FB & other opportunities
- Monthly YouTube videos design and creation
- Print & design for direct mail pieces and print advertisements
- Design and productions of coupons, flyers, raffle tickets, rack cards, business cards, etc.
- Radio and TV ad prep help when needed
- Collaborating & communication with New Balance Corp, managers, and buyers for product content and product release dates resulting in timely marketing
- Off-site/event participation & coordination when needed
- Collaborating to build, schedule and monitor daily/weekly/monthly marketing calendars
- Coordinate and monitor plus make full use of Co-op marketing opportunities.
- Help create, prioritize and execute a marketing budget
- Weekly meetings (or more) and/or conference calls for coordination and planning.
- Present ideas and feedback to help make our marketing more effective and productive.
To apply, please reply with the following:
- A current resume
- Cover letter
- Examples of Photoshop work
Please send your applications to email@example.com